Micheal Portillo’s wife, Carolyn Eadie, is a British journalist, broadcaster, and former politician who served as Chief Secretary to the Treasury of the United Kingdom. She was born on March 15, 1952, and turned 71 in 2023.
Micheal Portillo and Carolyn Eadie met at a teen party in the mid-70s and have been married since 1982. While many seek to know more about her life with her beloved husband, others are interested in knowing what she does for a living.
in this article, every important information you need to know about Carolyn Eadie will be provided.
Summary of Carolyn Eadie’s Bio
- Full name: Carolyn Claire Eadie-Portillo
- Gender: Female
- Place of Birth: North London, England
- Date of Birth: March 15, 1952
- Relationship: Status Married
- Children: None
- Ethnicity: Caucasian
- Nationality: British
- Zodiac sign: Pisces
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
- Religion: Christianity
- Height: 5 feet 5 inches(163cm)
- Weight: 55kg
- Net worth: £500,000
- Famous For: Marriage to Micheal Portillo
- Instagram: michealportillo
Carolyn Eadie Was Born and Brought Up in North London
Table of Contents
Named Carolyn Eadie at birth, Micheal Portillo’s wife was born in North London on the 5th of March 1952 and was raised there in London. This tells that she is 71 years of age at the moment, which also shows that she is a year older than her husband, who is 70. Micheal Portillo was born in Bushey, Hertfordshire, England on the 26th of May, 1953.
Moreover, information ranging from who her parents are to the number of siblings she has remains unknown to the public. the fact remains that she came to gain recognition after her marriage to Micheal Portillo. Therefore, all the details of her life before marrying a public figure are to be unveiled. Having said that, it is no secret that she is British and belongs to a caucasian ethnic group. She has been in Britain all her life and has yet to leave, as she still stays there with her famous husband.
Regarding her educational background, having attended elementary school coupled with high school in London while she was still under her parents. The level of education she attained is also best known to her. However, her career and the things she has accomplished therein suggest she is well-learned. The certainty about Carolyn is that her life does not only revolve around her husband. She also has her own life and career outside of Micheal Portillo’s successes and fame. This includes her involvement in politics as she is outspoken on political issues and commentary. Despite being a housewife, she is described as being powerful, intelligent, and committed to his political objectives even though the attention has seemed to have no impact. Carolyn Eadie is a businesswoman who is the founder and CEO of a Recruitment Consultant in London.
Some of the challenges and adventures that Carolyn and her famous spouse have both encountered
Eadie and Micheal Portillo have faced many challenges and adventures together, both in their personal and professional lives. Some of them are;
- Two years into their marriage, Carolyn was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to undergo surgery that left her unable to have her children. Despite the situation, the couple remained strong and supportive of each other and grew in love and happiness.
- Carolyn was aware of Micheal’s past involvement in homosexuality, which he revealed publicly in 1999, after losing his seat in the 1997 general election. She stated that he did not keep that a secret from her and that it strengthened their love life. She also defended him from the media scrutiny and criticism that followed.
- Carolyn has been a constant supporter of her beloved husband’s political career from 1984 to 2005. She accompanied him to several political functions and events and helped him with his campaigns and speeches. Also during controversies and defeats, such as the 1995 Conservative leadership election, where he was seen as a potential challenger to John Major, but did not run, and the 2001 Conservative leadership election, where he came in third place behind Lain Duncan Smith and Kenneth Clarke, she was right by his side.
- Carolyne has also joined her husband in his travels and adventures around the world, especially after he retired from politics and became a broadcaster and journalist. She has visited several countries and continents with him, such as Australia, India, America, and Europe, where he filmed his popular railway documentaries. Carolyn has also shared Michael’s passion for history and culture and learned about the different places and people they encountered.