Every small and medium enterprise in Nigeria can now visit SMEDAN Registration Portal to register their businesses.
This program was created to help small and medium scale business get the right tools needed for fast growth of their business.
So, you can now get all the support you need in you business by doing SMEDAN registration as there are several benefits attached to it.
Therefore, in this post you will learn how to register and get SMEDAN number and the benefits attached from doing your registration.
What is SMEDAN
The Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN) which controls and coordinates the growth of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises MSMEs opened a registration program, MMRP.
With this database of all Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the country, SMEDAN can easily give business training and support to businesses within the borders of Nigeria.
Is SMEDAN Real
SMEDAN is a body that was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 2003. The sole aim at that time was to help with the development of MSMEs within the borders of Nigeria.
SMEDAN stands for Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria. So we can see that SMEDAN is real and it is safe to provide your details on their registration portal.
Who Can Register for SMEDAN Grant/Loan?
Below are detail information on what you need to successfully register for SMEDAN at the official portal:
- You must have a valid phone number and email address.
- Applicant must reside and be a Nigerian citizen by birth.
- Applicant must have at hand, your Birth certificate or age declaration.
- As an applicant you also Bank verification number (BVN).
- must possess a WAEC/BSc/HND degree from a reputable institution.
- You must be between 18 to 45 years.
- Applicants must have a valid means of identification e.g. International Passport, Voters ID-Card, National ID-card, or Drivers License.
Benefits of SMEDAN Registration
- Creation of a SMEDAN Unique Identification Number (SUIN);
- Access to the SMEDAN Conditional Grant Scheme (Grants of up to N50,000 per MSME);
- Priority funding from public and private sector financial institutions, including International Donor Agencies.
- Business Insurance for every registered business.
- SMEDAN also do Empowerment Programs and Entrepreneurship Training
Read also: Airdrop Crypto: What Are Crypto Airdrop?
How to get SMEDAN Registration number
- Visit the official SMEDAN application portal: Click here
- Fill the form at the top right corner of the landing page; provide all details such as, name, email, business details, BVN and click get started;
- Exit from that page and go back to the SMEDAN homepage;
- Enter your login details (the email used in creating the account and the password) to view your certificate:
- You will receive an email shortly confirming your SMEDAN registration.
Read also: Lovecoin Airdrop: How to get Free Lovecoin
Without the SMEDAN number, many MSMEs could miss out on funding opportunities like the on-going Survival Fund in Nigeria.
SMEDAN registration opens up funding support access to MSMEs and self-employed Nigerians such as, tailors, hoteliers, tech start-ups, freelancers, restaurant, etc.
Similarly, MSMEs could get links with reference from SMEDAN to benefit from loans and other lending services.
The SMEDAN registration program is to source for, build and maintain a broad valid database of MSMEs in Nigeria.
This attempt is also a tool to give custom support to MSMEs who operate unofficially in Nigeria. The database will further provide the agency with a track for funding and financial empowerment as well as entrepreneurship training programs.