In this post, you will get a complete guide on how to activate and use Sterling bank transfer code on your mobile phone.
If you have a Sterling bank account you don’t need to visit a banking hall to transfer money to other banks in Nigeria. You can easily do this with a USSD code from the comfort of your home or anywhere you are provided there is network signal on your mobile phone.
Similarly, you can buy airtime for yourself and others anytime from your Sterling bank account with your mobile phone.
Benefits of registering with the Sterling bank transfer code
By registering for a sterling bank transfer code, you will enjoy the following benefits
- Easily send money to a sterling account or other bank in Nigeria all from the comfort of your home
- Buy airtime easily
- You will also be able to pay your bill from your mobile phone.
- Check your account balance anytime you want to.
- Do your mobile any time you feel like even in the midnights because the service is available 24/7.
How to activate Sterling bank mobile banking
To register for this service on your mobile phone and easily send money, buy airtime and many more, here are the steps to follow.
- Dial *822*1*NUBAN# and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You need to enter your account number and choose a 4-digit PIN afterward. This will be used to authenticate transactions from your mobile phone henceforth.
Make sure the number is the same number you used in opening an account at Sterling bank because you can’t use another number.
Peradventure, you want to use another number you will have to meet the bank and change to the number you have in mind.
How to send money from Sterling bank to another bank
Basically, you can easily send money from your Sterling bank to another sterling bank account or to other banks in Nigeria.
- To transfer money to another Sterling Bank account dial *822*4*AMOUNT*NUBAN#
- To transfer money from Sterling to another bank in Nigeria such as UBA, FBN GTB, etc. dial *822*5*AMOUNT*NUBAN#
Note that if you’re sending it to other banks, you need to select the Bank of the recipient from the list you see after dialing the USSD code.
More so, you should also confirm to see if the full name of the recipient corresponds with what you have in mind.
Enter your USSD banking PIN or the last 4 digits on your ATM MasterCard to confirm your transfer.
After completing the above steps, you’ll receive a debit alert from Sterling bank confirming your transfer.
Sterling bank airtime transfer code
You can easily top-up your phone by dialing *822*Amount# on your phone. However, if you want to top-up airtime for others like friends/family on your phone dial *822*Amount*Phone number#. That’s the phone number of the person you want to send to.
For instance, let’s say you want to recharge 1000 for yourself, you dial *822*1000#. But, if you want to recharge for others you dial *822*1000*080123456789#