Recently, a close friend of mine asked me “How do you check your MTN number with USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) code?” I am very confident you are online for this same reason. In this article, I will show you the easiest way to check your MTN number anytime.
When you talk about popular mobile network provider in Nigeria, MTN is one. Millions of Nigerians have an MTN line.
Just like several other networks in Nigeria, MTN provides its customers with an 11 digit number. But, when you own multiple lines just like me, you may find it difficult to memorize them all.
For example, I have my mainline for connecting with friends and family and the one for browsing (surfing) the internet or chatting on social media platforms.
Similarly, when I want to recharge the line I browse with; I usually use MTN USSD code to check for the 11 digit number of my browsing line.
Photo by Bruce Mars from Pexels
How to check your MTN phone Number anytime
Basically I always use USSD codes to check my MTN phone number notwithstanding there are two other ways to check also. I will be sharing that with you.
You can make use of any of these three simple methods for checking your 11 digit MTN number.
Method 1. Using USSD code
Using USSD code is the fastest way to get your 11 digit MTN number. All you have to do is:
- dial *123# on your phone.
- Type 1 for “account info”
- Type 1 again for “My Number
Also, you can dial *663# or *123*1*1# on your phone.
If you use any of the steps above, MTN will instantly send you a message with this format: “Y’ello! Your mobile number is 2348******”
Note that, using USSD code to check for your 11 digit number is completely free of charge. There are no hidden charges; So, you can use it as often as you forget your number.
Credit Source: Pexels
Method 2. Sending call me SMS to a friend
This is precisely another way to check. By sending a friend or family “call me SMS”, you can easily know your 11 digit number. However, the friend or family you sent the “call me SMS” to; must be close by so they can tell you your number.
Follow the method below to do this:
- Dial *133# on your own phone and send
- type your friend or family phone number, and confirm your “call me back” request.
- Check your friend’s phone to see the message that he/she receives.
Your phone number will be displayed in the message requesting for “call me back”
Note that, this method is also free of charge
Method 3. Using MTN customer-care code for Nigeria
This is another method to check your phone number. All you have to do is call the MTN Nigeria customer care code (180).
By calling the MTN customer care number you will communicate with an online representative and you can easily ask the consultant to tell you your number.
Below are the basic steps to know your MTN number using USSD
- dial 180 on your MTN line
- then dial 9 to return to the main menu
- Press 6 “for support”
- Press the option that says “speak with a customer care representative”.
- Wait for the call to connect; you can then request from the online customer care representative attending to you to call your phone number for you.
Note: the numbers will be called out by the online representative so it’s advisable to get a pen and paper and jot down the phone number as they dictate it for you.
- Learn How To Check Airtel Airtime Balance And Bonus Balance
- How To Check Your Airtel Number Easily and Fast
- How To Check Glo Phone Number Easily and Fast
- Learn How To Transfer Airtime on Airtel Line