In this writeup, is the list of current commercial banks in Nigeria.
Basically there are three types of banks in Nigeria which are commercial non-interest and merchant banks. However, we will be looking at just the number of commercial banks in Nigeria.
What is a commercial bank
Table of Contents
According to Wikipedia: A commercial bank is a type of bank that provides services such as accepting deposits from customers, giving business loans, and offering basic investment products that are operated as a business for profit.
Basically, the role of a commercial bank is to provide financial services to businesses and the general public, ensuring economic and social stability and sustainable growth of the economy.
- UBA Bank Swift Code For Every Branch in Nigeria
- How To Use USSD Code To Recharge From UBA Bank
- Fidelity Bank Swift Code For Every Branch in Nigeria
List of current commercial banks in Nigeria
There are no longer 25 commercial banks in Nigeria. We have just 23 commercial banks in Nigeria; because Diamond bank merged with Access bank while Enterprise bank limited was acquired by Heritage bank.
Therefore, Diamond Bank which was merged with Access Bank and Enterprise bank limited which was acquired by Heritage bank is not listed.
List of current Commercial banks in Nigeria
- Access Bank Plc.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited.
- Ecobank Nigeria Plc.
- Fidelity Bank Plc.
- First City Monument Bank Limited.
- First Bank of Nigeria Limited.
- Globus Bank Limited.
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc.
- Heritage Banking Company Limited.
- Keystone Bank Limited.
- Polaris Bank Limited (Formerly Skye Bank Plc).
- Providus Bank Limited.
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc.
- Standard Chartered.
- Sterling Bank Plc.
- SunTrust Bank Nigeria Limited.
- Titan Trust Bank Limited.
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc.
- United Bank for Africa Plc.
- Unity Bank Plc.
- U & C Microfinance Bank Limited.
- Wema Bank Plc.
- Zenith Bank Plc.