Have you ever wondered if you can bar a number from calling your Airtel line? Well in this post you will learn how to activate/cancel call barring on Airtel.
The call barring is a service that is available to customer who is interested in placing restriction on numbers that they don’t want to receive calls from.
Like several other networks in Nigeria, Airtel offers its customers the call barring service. And as long as you have an Airtel sim, all incoming/outgoing national or international calls can be barred from calling your Airtel line.
Let’s delve deep to learn: what the call barring service is all about, Airtel call barring codes, and the password for activating call barring.
Check out>> Wazobia Cash: Read This Before Investing
What is call barring?
Call barring is a process whereby a telephone subscriber places restrictions on phone numbers from calling their line.
Call barring, therefore, can either be blocking a certain number from calling you or placing restrictions on all incoming or outgoing calls.
So Airtel call barring is all about placing restrictions on all incoming or outgoing calls on your airtel line.
Airtel call barring codes
You can easily use Airtel call barring codes to bar all incoming calls or outgoing calls on your airtel lines. However, it should be noted that once activated this service:
- Stops you from receiving or making calls
- You will also not be able to use your data or send SMS with your airtel line.
Note: The default password for call barring on Airtel is 0000.
You need to change this default password to be able to use it. To do that simply dial *03*330*old barring code*new barring code*new barring code#. For instance, if you want to change from 0000 to 1234, you will dial *03*330*0000*1234*1234#
How to activate/cancel call barring on Airtel
For Incoming calls (national calls)
- Dial *35*barring code# to activate national calls;
- Dial #35*barring code# to deactivate incoming national;
- To check call barring status for national calls, dial *#35#.
For Outgoing calls (national)
- Dial *33*barring code# to activate outgoing national calls;
- Dial #33*barring code# to deactivate outgoing national calls;
- To check call barring status for outgoing national calls, dial *#33#.
For Outgoing calls (international)
- Dial *331*barring code# to activate outgoing international calls;
- Dial #331*barring code# to deactivate outgoing international calls;
- To check call barring status for international calls, dial *#331#.
For Incoming call when roaming
- Dial *351*barring code# to activate;
- Dial #351*barring code# to deactivate,
- To check call barring status, dial *#351#.
Note: for all call barring please dial #330*barring code# then send.
- Glo Call Barring: How To Activate & Deactivate Call Barring Using Codes
- MTN Call Barring Code: How To Activate/Deactivate Call Barring On MTN
- Learn How To Check Airtel Airtime Balance And Bonus Balance
- How To Check Your Airtel Number Easily and Fast
- How To Check 9Mobile Phone Number