Gone are those days when you have to visit an ATM stance to recharge your phone – now you can easily buy credit for yourself and others by dialing the Sterling bank recharge code on your mobile phone.
Sterling bank mobile banking code is very helpful as it is a fast, secure, and convenient way to bank from the comfort of your home.
During my university days, I usually visit the ATM stance to recharge my phone with the money I could not withdraw. I didn’t like the idea I had to cue just to load ₦200 credit on my phone.
If Sterling bank USSD code for mobile banking was present I won’t have gone through those stress.
But thank God Sterling bank mobile banking code is now available to customers.
You no longer need to visit a card seller in your neighborhood to buy airtime as you can easily do that with Sterling bank short code.
Delve deeper into the post to learn how to register/activate Sterling bank mobile banking on your phone. Because if you are not registered for mobile banking you can’t use it.
How to activate Sterling bank mobile banking
Table of Contents
If this is your first time using the Sterling bank mobile code, you need to activate it. To activate/register follow the steps below:
- Dial *822*1*NUBAN# and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You need to enter your account number and choose a 4-digit PIN afterward. This will be used to authenticate transactions from your mobile phone henceforth.
Once registration is completed you can now use your mobile phone to send money, buy airtime, and more.
Pay attention >> What Is NUBAN Account Number
What is Sterling bank recharge code?
Sterling bank recharge code is the code you can use to buy airtime from your bank account for yourself and others. However, you must have an account with Sterling bank to be able to use this service.
And you can use the Sterling bank recharge card code anywhere and anytime you feel like; provided there is mobile network on your phone.
- First Bank Airtime Recharge Code: How To Buy Airtime With *894#
- Correct Polaris Bank Swift Code For Bank Wire
- Polaris Bank Customer Service: How To Get Support Online
- Learn How To Check Polaris Bank Account Number
- How To Check Polaris Bank Account Balance With Code
- Polaris Bank Recharge Code: How To Buy Airtime With *833#
- Polaris Bank Code: How To Register And Send Money With *833#
How to buy airtime with Sterling bank recharge code
You can use the Sterling bank code to recharge for yourself and others. In other words, you can buy airtime for yourself and others from your bank account.
- To recharge for yourself, dial *822*AMOUNT# (e.g *833*500# to recharge ₦500).
- To recharge for someone else or a number not linked to your Sterling bank account, dial *822*AMOUNT*MOBILE NO# (e.g *822*500*08012345678# to recharge ₦500 for a family/friend).
Note that you will have to enter your USSD banking PIN or the last 4 digits of your ATM card number to authenticate your transaction.
What you should know:
This service is available at any time of the day. In other words, it is available 24/7. However, for recharge, there is a 20K daily limit. That is, you can’t recharge for yourself or others more than ₦20,000 every day.
Also, airtime recharge is non-reversible therefore ensure you confirm the number of the receiver and also confirm the amount entered.
This will prevent you from making a mistake when buying airtime for a receiver and also prevent you from entering ₦5000 instead of ₦500.
The code works on all mobile network providers in Nigeria like MTN, Glo, 9Mobile, and Airtel.
Aside from buying airtime, there are several other things you can use the Sterling bank USSD code for.
- Access Bank Recharge Code: How To Top-up Airtime With *901#
- How To Check Sterling Bank Account Number Online & Without Internet
- How To Contact Sterling Bank Customer Care Online & Offline
- Sterling Bank SWIFT code: Correct SWIFT Code For Sterling Bank Nigeria
- Sterling Bank Transfer Code: Complete Guide On How To Activate & Use
- The Complete List Of Banks In Nigeria 2020